Position Title: Data Scientist
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Reporting To/Department: Senior Vice President, Product Development
Lumicell is seeking a highly-motivated Clinical Data Scientist to work in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that has received excellent press and generated promising clinical data while still in its nascence. A proven track-record in Clinical Data Analysis and the application of contemporary statistical methods is vital for the successful candidate.
The Clinical Data Scientist will drive Lumicell’s efforts in making sound predictions and formulating balanced mathematical insights based on a constantly changing clinical landscape. The Clinical Data Analyst will work closely with Research and Development, while providing a face for the Clinical Data to Lumicell’s leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Derive imaging algorithms from clinical study data
- Lay out imaging software requirements for data collection
- Prepare and present regular reports on clinical trial data for the trial team and R&D.
- Build models to forecast outcomes on clinical endpoints
- Support R&D in development of proprietary software and hardware
- Support Medical Affairs by providing data and reports for presentations, meetings and publishable documents
- Support the development and execution of Statistical Analysis Plans, designing and building reporting tools, regulatory submissions
- Work closely with the Clinical Data Manager to develop study documents, including CRFs and CRF completion guidelines, interim analysis plans, and related material
- Translate product ideas into defined data science challenges and solve them.
- Work on a variety of team-based projects providing expertise in analytical and computational approaches.
Education and Required Experience:
- D. degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or related fields with 5 years of relevant experience
- Familiar with advanced data mining techniques for generating algorithms
- Biostatistics and/or clinical data experience strongly desired
- Proficiency in statistical analysis packages (e.g., R, SAS, IDL) or programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, Julia)
- Experience in extracting, cleaning, preparing and modeling data, along with algorithm development
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday during business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Some travel may be expected for this position including internal meetings, conference and or training events.
- Lumicell is an equal opportunity employer.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.