Head of Supply Chain and Logistics
Position Title: Head of Supply Chain and Logistics
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Reporting To/Department: Vice President, Manufacturing and CMC
Lumicell is seeking a highly motivated Head of Supply Chain and Logistics to work in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment on a combination drug-device product. Lumicell has developed a breakthrough surgical guidance technology platform consisting of a proprietary drug that is activated by the tumor micro-environment, a custom fluoroscope that allows a surgeon to visualize activated drug, and a software system that gives a real-time prediction of tissue likely to be cancerous. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company as it transitions from clinical development to commercial launch.
The Head of Supply Chain and Logistics will play a critical role in setting the strategy and realizing the vision for Lumicell’s new commercial manufacturing organization. You will be responsible for establishing robust and effective logistical operations and supply chain plans for commercialization of Lumicell’s drug and breast imaging system. This role will be responsible for logistics including contract management, End to End inventory strategy and management, trade compliance, as well as ERP ownership within manufacturing. You will also be responsible for the development and implementation of the organizational design and standard business processes to support launch of new products, facilities and supply chains; and subsequent supply operations at CMO partners.
- Reporting to the VP, Manufacturing and CMC, you will have primary responsibility for establishing and leading Lumicell’s commercial logistics and supply chain organization
- Establish logistics, labeling, and distribution strategies for our breast imaging drug, reusable device, and consumable accessories, including 3PL negotiations and management, and responsibility for distribution and logistics.
- Align the commercial and clinical forecasts with supply chain capacity, develop an appropriate inventory strategy and manufacturing schedule.
- Support commercial supply agreement negotiations for drug and device manufacturing partners.
- Coach and mentor your team to achieve a high performance, quality and safety focused manufacturing culture.
Education and Required Experience:
- BS or BSE in supply chain management, engineering, science, or other relevant discipline plus 10 years of relevant pharmaceutical/medtech experience, or advanced degree plus 6 years of experience.
- Proven record of accomplishment in GMP/GDP pharmaceutical or medtech supply chain operations.
- New product launch and/or establishment of supply chain for new markets, including selection and integration of new external partners and design and deployment of new business processes and supply change management systems (ERP, demand management, etc.).
- Strong team leadership and change management experience, leading teams for routine market supply, market expansion.
- Proven track record of operational excellence / lean / continuous improvement for supply chain responsiveness and optimization.
- A growth mindset and passion for building something new with a talented team, in service of bringing breakthrough medications to patients.
You May Also Bring
- Experience leading installation and service operations
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional certification
- MBA or other advanced degree preferably focused on Supply Chain Management
- Experience with managing supply chains for cold chain.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday during business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Travel up to 25%
- Lumicell is an equal opportunity employer
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.