Position Title: Project Manager
Position Type: Part-Time (~20 hours/week)
Job Type: Experienced
Reporting To/Department: Senior Vice President, Clinical Research and Strategy
Lumicell is seeking a highly motivated Project Manager to work in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment on a combination drug-device product. Lumicell has developed a breakthrough surgical guidance technology platform consisting of a proprietary drug that is activated by the tumor micro-environment, a custom fluoroscope that allows a surgeon to visualize activated drug, and a software system that gives a real-time prediction of tissue likely to be cancerous. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that has received excellent press and generated promising clinical data while still in its early development.
The Program Manager role will be responsible for coordinating and managing Lumicell’s program of strategic initiatives and projects and ensuring that program and project objectives are met. The PM will lead periodic steering team and project governance meetings to provide the Lumicell’s Executive Leadership Team with timely updates on overall program and individual project status, and identify and mitigate risks to project timelines, budget, quality, and scope. The PM provides guidance to multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure accountability to timelines, budget, quality, and scope.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. They must also have a proven track record in leading a range of complex, high-impact projects simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the program management process for Lumicell, including program dashboard, progress monitoring process, project status reporting, and facilitating governance team meeting.
- Manage daily program management operations throughout the program life cycle (scheduling regular meetings, sending agendas, defining meeting objectives, preparing minutes and following-up with team members on critical action items).
- Lead, coordinate and facilitate all associated project resources and their interdependencies to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
- Facilitate interactions within and across functional groups when needed.
- Communicate to management of risks and issues, and report plans for corrective measurements; manage stakeholders’ communication.
- Aligning the deliverables (outputs) to the program’s “outcome” with the aid of the business change manager.
- Summarize the complexities into key important points for the team and management. This includes developing and maintaining simple, but effective data visuals of project activities in accordance with the timelines.
- Lead risk management within project teams, ensuring risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
- Develop good knowledge of key R&D and clinical milestones and deliverables, and understanding of the product line(s) to effectively communicate.
- Facilitate and lead effective project meetings, manage change and conflict, and develop resource planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity.
5+ years experience in Project Management
Knowledge of Project Management Best Practices including PMI Methods, Scrum, and Agile
PMI PMP Certification preferred
2-3 years of industry experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics, and/or medical device industries.
FDA submission experience preferred (PMA and/or NDA)
Combination medical device experience preferred
Expert knowledge of Microsoft Project (or similar) required.
Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities over other employees.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Some travel may be expected for this position including observation of hardware being used in the field, meetings with outside vendors or collaborators, testing of equipment at outside labs, conference and or training events.
- Some travel may be expected for this position including internal meetings, conference and or training events
- Lumicell is an equal opportunity employer
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.