SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
Position Title: Software Test Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Reporting To/Department: Principal Software Architect, R&D Oncology
As a software test engineer, you will use your strong technical background to develop and coordinate the process for system level software testing and software risk analysis of our products. You will be responsible for creating and implementing comprehensive testing methods, developing test automation, recording the test results, and providing recommendations to improve software products based on the results. You will be defining software testability for our products to influence better software design, bug prevention and best engineering practice. Your passion for quality and product safety will be essential for us to meet stringent regulatory requirements and deliver high quality and safe products to our customers and patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create test plans, automated test scripts, test protocols, and procedures for software verification and validation
- Conduct ad-hoc and methodical system-level testing, document test results and create test reports, and communicate software quality status to the cross functional team in a timely fashion.
- Create test schedule, track software defects and requirement traceability matrix, provide recommendations and feedback on software usability and product quality.
- Work with cross functional team to define test strategy for software testing and test optimization.
- Investigate and recommend better tools for software testing and bug tracking.
- Perform system testing, participate in software analysis and improvement, usability design as needed.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related basic science or engineering discipline, or equivalent software testing experience in medical device or a regulated industry.
- Familiar with software test automation tools and scripting. Basic understanding of software development process and software system architecture.
- Excellent written, communication skills, and a meticulous attention to detail.
- 2+ years of experience as a software and system test engineer in medical device industry.
- Experience in developing and performing complete product verification and validation testing for a regulated product.
- Experience with Windows based software testing tools (eg. TestComplete) and script language (eg. Python) and software development language (eg. C/C++)
- Experience as a test lead for a complete software system, and in creating test fixtures and new testing methodology.
- Passionate about testing and product quality and customer and patient safety.
- This position does not currently have supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates in a professional office/ laboratory environment, in addition to a manufacturing environment for supplier visits. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, and smartphones, as well as exposure to various test and manufacturing equipment, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday during business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Travel will be required as part this position. Lumicell anticipates travel will be required for approximately 50% of the time during the first year to local manufacturing sites (MA and NH). Travel requirements will likely decrease to 10-20% after the first year.
- Lumicell is an equal opportunity employer
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.