Position Title: Test Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Reporting To/Department: Director, Product Development
We are seeking a highly-motivated Test Engineer to work in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that has received excellent press and generated promising clinical data while still in its early development. The successful candidate must have a proven track-record in developing test procedures, establish test tool requirements, find and fix bugs in the hardware, and record test results in support of engineering product development and continuous improvement initiatives. The successful candidate is a self-initiating and independent problem solver who integrates well into existing company processes.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Product Development team in turning product requirements into clear technical specifications that can be tested against.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design test plans and test cases to validate new products and improve existing products
- Create detailed Design of Experiments (DOE) to identify sources of variation in products and processes, and support root cause failure analysis
- Perform product validation and verification of hardware in field or lab environment.
- Provide technical support to technicians for various testing activities
- Collaborate with team to design and implement test tools
- Design and implement design test tools for review and verification process.
- Administer various debug tools to conduct failure analysis
- Develop tests and debugging tools to analyze the functionality of hardware systems
- Develop new test procedures and enhance existing ones to ensure products reliability and usability
- Analyze all products to identify any manufacturing defect and resolve all hardware issues in coordination with team.
- Prepare plans for validation methods, tools and processes for various tests.
- Show exceptional attention to detail to be able to accurately document test results, as well as record any changes based on those results
- Produce very clear, detailed reports and presentation summaries of test plans and results
- Confidently communicate and present findings to other engineering disciplines and senior management
Education and Required Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or closely related discipline
- Minimum of (5) years of experience in the test engineering and reliability
- Very strong understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering principles
- Demonstrated understanding of statistical analysis concepts and methods
- Demonstrated understanding of quality metrics, process characterization and mapping, Product Quality / Reliability / Improvement techniques, LEAN Manufacturing, DFM/DFT, and Continuous Process Improvement
Critical Competencies for Success
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, learn quickly, and take on responsibilities outside of this scope of work, as necessary
- Must have strong patient and user focus and design with patient outcomes in mind
- Must be resilient and focused with a knack for navigating complex and occasionally ambiguous environment
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday during business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
- Some travel may be expected for this position including internal meetings, conference and or training events
- Lumicell is an equal opportunity employer
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.