Vice President of Manufacturing and Engineering
Position Title: Vice President of Manufacturing & Engineering
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Reporting To/Department: SVP, Product Development
The Vice President of Engineering will play a key role in day-to-day operations and long-range planning. The VP provides strategic and technical leadership in the development and implementation of functional engineering best practices and in the planning, design and testing of technical product development. They will be responsible for execution of a comprehensive plan for the development of the company’s Oncology business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a performance-driven Engineering team through the development of internal talent as well as external hiring.
- Completely responsible for the health of the assigned value stream/product line from engineering perspective; which includes new product development, maintaining the current products and manufacturing engineering
- Clearly and effectively communicate initiatives, objectives, issues, and performance including developing and implementing organizational metrics to drive results and positive behavior
- Plans and directs engineering activities ensuring efficiencies and safety standards are achieved while adhering to established quality system standards including FDA and other regulatory requirements for new and existing products
- Work with the CEO and Leadership Team to create a strategic development roadmap designed to anticipate the needs of a rapidly expanding company
Lead the planning, analysis, design, development, and testing of new and enhanced medical device and drugs, in support of Lumicell’s medical device platform
- Continuously improve development and engineering quality processes
- Prepare technology for manufacturing and commercialization
- Leverage information from cross-functional teams to develop, build, manage and lead project plans, timelines and execution from research through clinical development stages
- Implement flexible resource models and build a flexible/adaptable engineering organization to meet current and future business needs
- In-depth understanding of product roadmap, existing product line opportunities and issues, key technical challenges, team technical competencies and gaps, and working understanding of important business segment, market and geographies
- Track and communicate project progress to company leadership and develop project costs and integrate them into the corporate budget and forecasting process
- Exercises technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project goals
- Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses. Investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and novel technologies.
- Develop and manage existing collaborations, identify and create new commercial and scientific collaborations to expand the company’s technologies and pipeline
- Remain current on industry trends and advise the organization regarding scientific matters
- It is critical for this individual to strategically design and develop operational procedures that support product development and commercialization
Education and Required Experience:
- Engineering foundation and MBA preferred
- Management experience with increasing levels of responsibility within a scientific organization, including developing and managing strategic and operating plans and budgets and building and recruiting a team
- Scientific experience with pre-clinical and clinical studies
- Demonstrated success in managing complex, large, multidisciplinary projects, with experience across a broad range of research areas related to the drug and device discovery and development process
- Demonstrated industry experience or academic achievement, as evidenced by publications in high impact journals or drug development portfolio
- Ability to collaborate with external partners across multiple scientific disciplines
- This position has supervisory responsibilities over other managers
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday during business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Some travel may be expected for this position including internal meetings, conference and or training events.
- Lumicell is an equal opportunity employer.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.