Lumicell was awarded several Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grants from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the National Science Foundation (NSF) that led to the initial scientific discoveries and preliminary work with our academic collaborators. These results have led to several scientific publications. The compelling data from these studies have helped guide Lumicell’s ongoing clinical trials.
Hwang ES, Beitsch P, Blumencranz P, et al. Clinical Impact of Intraoperative Margin Assessment in Breast-Conserving Surgery With a Novel Pegulicianine Fluorescence-Guided System: A Nonrandomized Controlled Trial. JAMA Surg 2022;157(7):573-580
Lanahan CR, Kelly BN, Gadd MA, et al. Performance of a novel protease-activated fluorescent imaging system for intraoperative detection of residual breast cancer during breast conserving surgery. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2021;187(1):145-53.
- Smith BL, Lanahan CR, Specht MC, et al. Feasibility Study of a Novel Protease-Activated Fluorescent Imaging System for Real-Time, Intraoperative Detection of Residual Breast Cancer in Breast Conserving Surgery.. Ann Surg Oncol. 2020;27(6):1854–1861.
- Smith BL, Gadd MA, Lanahan CR, et al. Real-time, intraoperative detection of residual breast cancer in lumpectomy cavity walls using a novel cathepsin-activated fluorescent imaging system. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018;171(2):413-420.
- Whitley MJ, Cardona DM, Lazarides A, et al. A mouse-human phase 1 co-clinical trial of a protease-activated fluorescent probe for imaging cancer. Science Translational Medicine 2016;8(320)320ra4.
- Cuneo KC, Mito JK, Javid MP, et al. Imaging primary mouse sarcomas after radiation therapy using cathepsin-activatable fluorescent imaging agents. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys.2013;86(1):136-142.
- Eward WC, Mito JK, Eward CA, et al. A novel imaging system permits real-time in vivo tumor bed assessment after resection of naturally occurring sarcomas in dogs. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2013; 471(3):834-842.
- Mito JK, Ferrer JM, Brigman BE, et al. Intraoperative detection and removal of microscopic residual sarcoma using wide-field imaging. Cancer. 2012;118(21):5320-5330.
*CAUTION: LUMISIGHT and Lumicell Direct Visualization System (DVS) are investigational products that are limited by Federal (or United States) law to investigational use. LUMISIGHT and Lumicell DVS are not authorized for marketing for any indication in any jurisdiction.